GYROKINESIS® Body Conditioning
A movement method that addresses the entire body, opening energy pathways, stimulating the nervous system, increasing range of motion and creating functional strength through rhythmic, flowing movement sequences.
Benefits for dancers:
- Improved dynamic stability that helps with balance through opposition, constant weight shifts, as well as directional and level changes that the body has to cope with in dance
- Increased range of motion: Greater turnout, spinal mobility, joint articulation
- Sculpt long, lean muscles: build muscle without the bulk!
- Finding movement efficiency and learning to move with fluidity, relaxation, and power
- Learning to focus, connect, and understand the body and its imbalances, limitations, and alignment better.
Benefits for people of all ages, body types and levels of experience:
- Improve poor posture by lengthening and decompressing the spine
- Strengthen the core to take pressure off the lower back (good for people with back pain)
- Open the chest and connect the shoulders down the back (good for stiff upper back and hunched shoulders)
- Reduce the waistline by strengthening the deep abdominal muscles and eliminating fluid and bloating from the middle
- Stimulate circulation, prevent stagnation in the body by promoting removal of waste and lymph fluids
Comfortable gym attire. No footwear required.
- Applies to trial classes and drop-in classes.
- Subject to class availability.
- Valid within 3 months.
- May be used across same value classes.
- $30 one-time registration applies.
- Valid within the same academic term.
- Makeup with same value class within the same term.
- $30 registration and $150 refundable deposit applies.