About the Royal Academy of Dance
The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) is one of the world’s most influential dance education and professional membership organisations. Founded in 1920, they set global standards for exams in classical ballet, teacher training and continuing professional development for dance. They are also the longest-standing and most recognized examination board in Singapore.
RAD Syllabus and Minimum Age
The RAD Syllabus consists of the Graded Syllabus and the Vocational Syllabus:
- The Graded Syllabus (Pre-Primary in Dance, Primary in Dance and Grade 1–8) provides a broad practical dance education and develops technical, musical and performance skills (age 5+). There is no pointe work in the graded syllabus.
- Vocational Graded Examinations (Intermediate Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced Foundation, Advanced 1, Advanced 2) provide an in-depth study of ballet and prepare students for a career in dance (age 11+). Vocational syllabus includes progressive levels of pointe work.
- Many of our students take both the Graded and Vocational Graded Examinations concurrently.
To ensure safe dance practice, candidates must have reached the following minimum age by:
- 1 January (for exam sessions taking place between January and August); or
- 1 September (for exam sessions taking place between September and December), in the year the exam takes place:
|Pre-Primary in Dance||5|
|Primary in Dance||6|
|Level||Class Duration (mins)||Trial Class||Term Fees (1x/wk 3 months)||Term Fees (2x/wk 3 months)|
|Primary in Dance||45||$10||$297||$594|
|Intermediate (IF & Inter)||90||$10||$528||$1056|
|Advanced (AF, A1 & A2)||90||$10||$528||$1056|
You can only sign up for trial class once. We will waive off your registration fees if you sign up within 7 days after the trial session.
Upon signing up, there will be a $30 registration fee, $150 deposit for enrolment and you will need to purchase the uniform for RAD classes. (Deposit is refundable with a withdrawal notice submitted 1 calendar month in advance during your active term).
Kindly make payment via PayNow to UEN 201523998Z
Fund transfer to OCBC Bank - Account number 601288640001
Please INDICATE the INVOICE NO. in remarks.
Cash OR cheque payable to FIRSTPOINTE PTE. LTD. are also accepted at our premise.
Fees are non transferable nor refundable.
Late fees of $50 may apply after the due date. Kindly make the payment on time.
Deposit refundable with 1 month notice during your active term, otherwise it will be forfeited.
Sign Up For Class
There is no maximum age imposed on RAD syllabus. We welcome students of all ages to join our syllabus class. Whether you are a beginner or have taken a break and wish to resume dancing ballet, we will do our best to fit you in. Do not hesitate to contact us for a trial class. Our instructors will find a suitable placement for you.