About the Royal Academy of Dance
The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD for short) is one of the world’s most influential dance education and professional membership organisations. Founded in 1920, they set global standards for exams in classical ballet, teacher training and continuing professional development for dance. They are also the longest-standing and most recognized examination board in Singapore.
RAD Syllabus and Minimum Age
The RAD Syllabus consists of the Graded Syllabus and the Vocational Syllabus:
- The Graded Syllabus (Pre-Primary in Dance, Primary in Dance and Grade 1–8) provides a broad practical dance education and develops technical, musical and performance skills (age 5+). There is no pointe work in the graded syllabus.
- Vocational Graded Examinations (Intermediate Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced Foundation, Advanced 1, Advanced 2) provide an in-depth study of ballet and prepare students for a career in dance (age 11+). Vocational syllabus includes progressive levels of pointe work.
- Many of our students take both the Graded and Vocational Graded Examinations concurrently.
To ensure safe dance practice, candidates must have reached the following minimum age by:
- 1 January (for exam sessions taking place between January and August); or
- 1 September (for exam sessions taking place between September and December), in the year the exam takes place:
|Pre-Primary in Dance||5|
|Primary in Dance||6|
|Level||Class Duration (mins)||Trial Class||Term Fees (1x/wk 3 months)||Term Fees (2x/wk 3 months)|
|Primary in Dance||45||$10||$297||$594|
|Intermediate (IF & Inter)||90||$10||$528||$1056|
|Advanced (AF, A1 & A2)||90||$10||$528||$1056|
You can only sign up for trial class once and it entitles you to attend 2 sessions. We will waive your registration fees, only if you sign up on the first trial session.
Package rates are available for students attending more than 3 classes a week.
Upon sign up, there is a $30 registration fee, $150 deposit for enrolment and 30% once off discount on the apparels for the lessons (Deposit refundable with 1 calendar month written withdrawal notice).
Kindly make payment via PayNow to UEN 201523998ZFPL or fund transfer to Maybank Singapore Limited - Account number 04211112999. Cash or cheque payable to FIRSTPOINTE PTE LTD are also accepted at our premise. There’re no NETS and credit card facilities at our premise. Fees are not transferable nor refundable.
Sign Up For Class
There is no maximum age imposed on RAD syllabus. We welcome students of all ages to join our syllabus class. Whether you are a beginner or have taken a break and wish to resume dancing ballet, we will do our best to fit you in. Do not hesitate to contact us for a trial class. Our instructors will find a suitable placement for you.